21 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 11:40 AM by jnavarro RSS

Lost connection to server

Mauro Cheloni

Hello experts,

very often the web browser shows me the message in object even if the session remains inactive for fews seconds.

what it means ?

How can I set this timeout ?

Many Thanks.

Best regards

• Lost connection to server
          Vlad Gutkovsky

Check the settings in the Peformance tab located in QEMC --> System --> QlikView Servers. Specifically, see the "Sessions" section on that tab.

Regards,

Rob Wunderlich

Is the document being reloaded by a scheduled reload?

-Rob

No. Is there any configuration to do in Qlikview Web Server to open AJAX documents in Anonymous? The log indicates that the access is in anonymous way, but I´m connected with a valid user, with a CAL assigned.

Vlad Gutkovsky

Try disabling anonymous access in QEMC --> Security. If you are using IIS, also disable anonymous access (and enable Windows Authentication) on all virtual directories except Scripts. In Scripts, make sure both anonymous and Windows authentication is enabled. If you are allowing Anonymous access, that will be the first authentication method used in some cases, and that's why you won't authenticate as the current Windows user.

AJAX by default always authenticates using anonymous authentication. To change this, open QEMC --> System --> QlikView Web Servers --> AJAX tab. There is a checkbox there "Always anonymous." If you are using IIS, I think you will then also need to make sure you are allowing anonymous authentication on the QvAJAXZfc virtual directory (not sure about this).

Regards,

The QEMC isn´t working. The Command Center Service is down in Status sheet, and others sheets are inacessible. An error occurs when I click in any sheet. I did the reinstall, but with no success. I think that is a problem with Qlikview Server name. Is there a file configuration that I can modify the Qlikview Server name (The same name that appears in sheet System\Setup\Command Center\Qlikview Servers)?

Vlad Gutkovsky

With all services stopped, I would check these files:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikviewManagementService\config.xml
                            C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\QlikViewServerResource.xml
                            C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QvWebServer\config.xml (check the contents of the <AddQvs> tag)

C:\ProgramData is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data on older operating systems. Then try starting your services again. If the error still occurs, post the Event Viewer log here.

Regards,

I fixed the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikviewManagementService\config.xml file and the Command Center Service started! All functions of QEMC are working now, but the Access Point stopped working. Now I have the message "No Server" and all the services are running, including Qlikview Server.

Vlad Gutkovsky

Sounds like a problem with the config file in the QVWebServer folder I mentioned above. If the QV service is running, it probably means that the resource is defined incorrectly. Did you check this other file as well?

Regards,

Vlad, I was precipitated. QV, sometimes, has a delay to refresh the timing between QEMC and services. All services are ok, including que Access Point. But the "Lost Connection" message is still there. It´s curious, but I have the same problem accessing a QV document in www.qlik.com, with AJAX. I can´t remember the document name.

Hi Rob,

I have received this error for the first time recently with a client using ajax to view the file in IE8 on Vista.

We do a scheduled reload at 01:00 GMT and that is all.

Any clues on why this would suddenly appear in AJAX?

Thanks

Lee

I was running into this a lot when we first setup our QV servers. The solution that worked for me was to stop using IIS.

We tried and tried and tried to make QV Server run smooth through IIS but sometimes it's just a losing fight.

• Re: Lost connection to server

I get this message anytime I try to launch an app from the QlikView Demo Page using my Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3 mobile device. No problems accessing any other web pages or demo apps from other vendors with the same device. No problems launching the QV demo apps from my notebook. I need to show a smartphone accesing QV apps to a client in the next few days.