Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venturahl
Partner - Contributor III

Security rules - Streams and Apps

Hello

I've created a Stream Sales and i've published in here 3 apps: Sales A, Sales B and Sales C.

Then I've a user1 who can access to the Stream Sales and can see all of the 3 apps and now I want a rule that allows me to give access to user2 than can only see the app Sales A.

How Can I do this? I've tried to create somes rules but it doesn't work.

I hope you can help me,

Thanks

7 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Helga,

This is totally possible. First create a custom property say "SalesApp" and Add in values 1,2,and 3.

How go to the user list and select User1->edit. Now under custom properties you will find a drop down field "SalesApp" with three values (1,2,3). Assuming the 1 is for Sales A app, 2 is for Sales B app and 3 is for Sales C app. So specify the number accordingly. Do the same for the other 2 users as well.

Now go to the Apps security rule and specify the same number for the respective users.

So this should help you manage the apps and their visibility accordingly.

Thanks,

Sangram

venturahl
Author

Hi Sangram,

I will try to do this and then I will sent you my result.

One more thing... I've to do somewthing at the secury rule of my Stream?

Thank you very much,

Helga

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Helga,#

As you are trying to provide access with the apps you don't have to worry about the steams security rule.

A custom property setting should help solve your issue.

Thanks,

Sangram

venturahl
Author

Hi again,

But my apps are in the Streams...

So you are saying that i don't need to have a Stream, is that?

I only need to publish my app without a Stream?

I'm sorry my questions but i'me new in this theme.

Thanks,

Helga

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Helga,

You can not publish an app with out specifying a stream. What i am trying to say is you do not have to change any of the stream rules or settings. Once you are done creating the custom properties and assigning it to the users respectively, all you have to do is specify the custom properties to the app as well.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Reddy,

Which rule do you exactly mean? Is it one of the rules which exist by default in QS server?

Or if it is specific to the application, how can I create a specific rule for an application?

Thx,

Bilge

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Aydin,

Its not the rules at all. Check the Custom properties of the App. Every object has custom properties and these can be very handy in governance.

Thanks,

Sangram.