7 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2017 11:14 AM by it man RSS

    SourceDocuments not available

       

      I am having an issue with our QV Server .qvw reload task. It simply does not reload data as specified in my tasks. Some errors of why this may be happening are below.

       

      Environment: QV Server and Publisher 9.0 > Windows Server 08. I do use section on each of my .qvw but I put in the admin credentials in the task. The logs show it has rights when I do a manual reload within the qvw. The manual load with in QV always works without fail. So something is wrong with the reload task.

       

      Strange...

      http://localhost:4780/qmc/Default.htm > settings appear to work just fine but does not show any tasks running under Status tab.

       

      This is where I think the error is...

      http://localhost:4780/qemc/SourceDocuments.htm > does not work on Document tab.

      Give below error message boxes in this order:

      "Expectation has been thrown by the target of invocation"

      "SourceDocuments not available"

      "Invalid Request: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

      My source documents or documents both reside in the below/correct folders. QV Server has the correct mappings to both of these locations.

      C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents

      C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\Sourcedocuments

       

      I am still not sure the difference between the two consoles because they have very similar interfaces and functions. I have attempted a complete uninstall, restart and reinstall of the QV Server and the error still came back.

       

      Let me know if you have any ideas.

       

      Thanks.



        • SourceDocuments not available
          Vlad Gutkovsky

          Jacob,

          It sounds like the Source Documents error you're getting is related to the Source Documents htm page itself and not the folders. Source Documents will only be available if you have an Enterprise license of Publisher. If you don't have a Publisher license, you can reload files only through the User Documents tab. Assuming you do have a Publisher license, however, it's possible that some files have become corrupted or some services have stopped. Have you tried cycling the services? If you have an Enterprise license and have cycled the services, you might need a reinstall.

          Also, regarding Section Access, I've noticed that it sometimes doesn't work correctly when you just put admin credentials in the task. I prefer instead to leave the task credentials blank and add the Publisher account as an ADMIN in the section access (basically the opposite of what you're doing now).

          Regards,

            • SourceDocuments not available

              Thanks. Yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have also tried rebooting multiple times to no avail. How do I add the ADMIN account to Publisher?

              Thanks.

                • SourceDocuments not available
                  Vlad Gutkovsky

                  Using the NTNAME or SecurityIdentifier (SID). See pages 506 - 509 of the QlikView Reference Manual for more details. It wasn't really clear from your response if you have Publisher Enterprise...?

                  Regards,

                    • SourceDocuments not available

                      I have loaded a test document in Access Point without section access. I have set the task to reload data every hour. I will let you know if this happened tomorrow. I assume an instance of ever reload would be recorded in the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Qvs\events_server.log? I know manual reloads show up in here.

                      We have Publisher. I was not aware different versions of Publisher were out their. I believe ours is Enterprise but I have to look it up to be sure.

                      Thanks for your help.

                       

                        • SourceDocuments not available

                          The test with out Section Access I placed on yesterday on AccessPoint still contained yesterdays information. No new entries were made to the log. This I believe means something is wrong with QV Server or Publisher. Section Access does not seem to matter.

                          Our Publisher license says 'Qlikview Publisher License information' we are refer and deploy partner so it is for internal use. Other than this it offers no other useful information as being an 'Enterprise' Publisher.

                          Thanks once again for sticking with this issue.

                            • SourceDocuments not available
                              Vlad Gutkovsky

                              Jacob,

                              Based on everything you've mentioned, it sounds like your QVPR has become corrupted. It's possible to manually clean it out by going into the XML files, but since it's not really clear what the problem is, this would be a very long process. If you don't have too many tasks currently defined, I would do the following: stop all QlikView services; rename or delete the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter folder; restart the QlikView services and let the repository be recreated automatically. I have to warn you that this will wipe out most of your settings as well so you would need to reconfigure the QEMC afterwards.

                              If the problem still occurs after that, I would recommend doing a complete uninstall and reinstall (including deleting the entire C:\ProgramData\QlikTech folder after the uninstall as well as the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikViewServer registry key).

                              I know this isn't an ideal solution, but with corruption somewhere in the settings, I don't really see another way. Let me know how it goes.

                              Regards,