Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonseril
Creator
Creator

"Assigned CALs" User Management

Good day,

Is there another way (third party tools, out-of-the-box qvw apps, etc) to manage users for Assigned CALs instead of using the QMC or QEMC, where on this, we could add, insert or delete assigned users via an intuitive interface?

Thanks in advance for a positive replies.

jason

10 Replies
Not applicable

There is an api to manage assigned CAL's - check the server reference manual for more detaals. I'm not aware of anyone building anything like an alternative interface using it though - more for automation of cal allocation.

I am curious (and genuine interested) - How can we improve the management consoles to make this more intuitive?

Regards

Chris

bhelms
Creator
Creator

I am wondering if anyone was able to find the API to manage assigned CAL's that Chris is referring to? I looked through the Server Reference manual but was not able to find this.

Not applicable

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/12/3302.ServerAPI-Test.zip:550:0]

The attached (compressed) file contains a JavaScript library and a sample web page that demonstrates how to manage CALs.

jasonseril
Creator
Creator
Author

the documents are very useful, thanks for this markk.

jason

bhelms
Creator
Creator

Markk, Thanks for the documents. One question though. We are using NTFS rather than DMS and I would still like to use all of the functionality that your documents provide. You mentioned in your Read Me that if we change the Global Method that it will allow us to support NTFS mode, is this for both Adding Users to Groups, and Launching a QVW File? I am sorry but i am not that familiar with how the code works but would like to use the functionality if possible under NTFS. Thanks for the help

Not applicable

I'm sorry, but I'm not the author of the example, it was given to me by our OEM business contact at QlikTech. I'm afraid I don't have any experience using it with NTFS mode.

Not applicable

Hi Chris

The API allows me to add and delete a named user CAL and I can hook this into a javascript inside QlikView. What I was surprised was that there is no API call to list all named CALs currently registered.

Ideally I would like to load all the named CALs registered with the server into QlikView to see who is using the system and who has a CAL but is not running any reports.

regards, Ian

Not applicable

Hi

You will manage around 2000 CAL licences and we are already facing to this problem to check CAL licences with only 150 users. We are interested in having the a script to have a status of all registered CAL licence....

Regards

Jes

Not applicable

Hi markk, thanks for the attachemnts.

I know this question is not belongs here, still anyone got it working it with Qlikview 10.0 beta?

Thanks

Robins.