Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Difference between Quick Selections and Qlik Sense Selection Model

Hi

I am new to Qlik Sense Extension Development. I wonder if anyone could explain the difference between the Qlik

Sense selection models.

The documentation says this about the selection models:

• Standard Qlik Sense selection model with toolbar and wrapper around the object supported by methods in the Extension API.
  • Quick selection, where selections are sent straight to the Qlik engine and immediately are reflected in the object supported by methods in the Backend API.

*https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-US/developer/#../Subsystems/Platform/Content/Concepts/selections....

Apart from the fact that if I choose to use Qlik Sense Selection model I get to have a toolbar with clear(✕) and confirm(✔) buttons,

is there any situation where one model is better suited than the other ?

Why these two models exists ? Is it that the Standard Qlik Sense selection model just provides a "confirm button" ?

1 Reply
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

The standard selection model is well suited for most, if not all, charts, that is hypercube-based extensions. If you send selections straight to the engine in a chart, the chart will immediately update and show only the value you just selected, and it will be impossible to select multiple values.

In a listobject-based extension (like the Horizantal listbox example, where these different selection models are implemented) you could send selections immediately to the engine and still be able to select multiple values, since the extension shows also the unselected values.

Hope this helps

Erik