Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS outside domain - how?

Hi all,

Is it possible to set up a QlikView Server on a system that's not member of a Windows domain, and allow users to authenticate (and be authorized) using their domain accounts?

So far I've tried setting up DMS on QlikView Server, configuring the Directory Service Connector for AD (with valid domain account credentials to query AD), and adding specific users as recipients in Publisher (Distribution Service); the result is still that users can't connect through either the Access Point or the QV local client.

I'm getting the impression that the scenario above handles the authorisation part properly (while adding users as recipients, the 'add recipients' dialog box properly maps <username> to <domainname>\<username>), but does not handle authentication (the actual login part).

Does anyone know how to best handle this? Must the QV server be member of the domain on which the user accounts are defined, or is there another (preferably easy [:)]) way to authenticate these users?

With regards,
Martijn ter Schegget
CND Development

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If you need to authenticate users with AD your server have to be in the AD domain where users exists or in a trusted domain related to your users AD. Another way is to develop a custom authentication page and use the ticket or http header functionality.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you need to authenticate users with AD your server have to be in the AD domain where users exists or in a trusted domain related to your users AD. Another way is to develop a custom authentication page and use the ticket or http header functionality.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Corrado,

Not exactly the answer I wanted to hear but at least now I know that I'll have to ask the customer's sysadmin to add this system to their domain (and ask him again if he says no, and... Stick out tongue).

Regards,
Martijn