First you don't need to create a new application to start, you could directly drag and drop your QVW in the hub of Qlik Sense desktop.
When you do that :
- a QVF file replace your QVW file in his location
- a backup of your qvw file is saved in C:\Users\YourLogin\Documents\Qlik\Sense\AppsBackup\2.1.1
The best way is to :
- Copy your QVW in C:\Users\YourLogin\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps
- Drag and drop your QVW from C:\Users\YourLogin\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps to the hub of Qlik Sense desktop
- It's done, your QVF is in your hub
For infomation, I use version 2.1.1 of Qlik Sense.
Its very easy to convert a QVW to a QVF. Just save the file in the Sense/Apps folder where Qlik Sense is installed and open QlikSense. You should now see the test.qvw there. Just open the data load editor and save the app. That converts the Qvw to Qvf and you can start of building your visuals.