Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidgold
Contributor III
Contributor III

Cloned Server - AccessPoint saying No Server

Hello

We are relatively new to QlikView. We are running version 9.0.7325.7 on a virtual server. We recently attempted to setup a test environment by cloning our existing installation. We believe that we have updated all references to the other server in the QEMC and installed the test license key. The QEMC indicates that all services are running; however, when we log into the AccessPoint, we see a "No Server" message and the note that "0 of 0 QVS's is running."

We would appreciate any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

That's very weird. Look in QEMC --> System --> Web Servers --> AccessPoint tab. Make sure that under Server Connections, you have something listed, and that it has the same name as your Server defined in QEMC. Do you and is it?

Regards,

View solution in original post

10 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

David,

You will probably need to check a few XML config files unfortunately. A good place to start would be to take a look at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\QlikviewServerResource.xml and C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QvWebServer\config.xml (see the AddQVS section of this last file). Make sure all services are stopped while editing the files.

Regards,

davidgold
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for your reply. I've looked at those files, and I did not find AddQVS in either of them. Is there something else I should be concerned about?

Thanks,

David

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

That's very weird. Look in QEMC --> System --> Web Servers --> AccessPoint tab. Make sure that under Server Connections, you have something listed, and that it has the same name as your Server defined in QEMC. Do you and is it?

Regards,

davidgold
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Vlad,

There was nothing there. I added an entry, and all is well. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

David

Not applicable

Hi,

i have the same problem and have checked QEMC - System - Web Servers - Access Point - Server Connections

and the server name isnt the same but i dont seem to be able to change it.

help greatfully recieved.

matt

Not applicable

Actually the server name is the same, its just it says QVS@rvbirreport1 rather than QVWS@rvbirreport1 under Qlikview Web Servers

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Assuming that's the name of your QVS, that's correct--you should see your QVS and not your QVWS listed here. If the name is wrong (does not correspond to your QVS name), you should check the entries in the XML files I mentioned above.

Regards,

Not applicable

In that case the server name is correct, what would be the cause of it saying NO SERVER?!

thanks

matt

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Matt,

Are all your services running? In QEMC, check under Services to make sure that none of the services are reporting errors.

Regards,