Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot save QV document opened in QV server

We've installed a QV Server v9 SR3 x64 at a customer with QV client x64 on the same machine. We are able to open QVW's locally by browsing to the QV-folder with the QVW's in it and we are also able to edit and save those docs. Docs are also visible in Access Point. But when we use 'open in server' from within QV client, we are able to open the QV docs, but we are not allowed to save, reload, edit the doc.

We have (local) administrator rights with the user we logged in onto the QV-server console.

What is going wrong? We are using NT authorization.

Extra info: Microsoft Dynamics (CRM) is also installed on this machine. MS Dynamics uses also IIS as webserver.

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Patrick,

This is happening because opening in server is really opening a client-version of the file with the inherent read-only no-reload limitations. This is the same as the "Download" client option. Use Open instead of Open in Server if you want to edit/reload the file.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I"m running into the same issue. From Open In Server, I cannot save or edit the report when I logon as a Named CAL user. I would need write access to the file. Can someone help?

I also tried alternative (suggested above), to open the file directly, but I get "document was created by another QlikView Personal Edition user....".

The goal - login as a Named CAL user (SUCCESSFUL), but would need write access to the file. Is this file permission issue or QlikView issue?

Thanks!

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Maybe you didn't borrow a cal (which would you actually let you develop something).

Check if the option 'Allow borrowed cal' is set on the server.

After this, you would open the qvw directly and would be able to save any changes.