Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Or
MVP
MVP

Sporadic cases of: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

We've been using QV9 (SR2) for a few months now. For the first month or two, reloads through Publisher worked fine. Recently, though, some files are failing to reload with the message:

Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

Now, here's the catch - this doesn't happen every time for the problem files. 75% or more of all reloads for these files work correctly, but maybe one in four (or even less) fail with that message. There doesn't seem to be any consistent time frame where this happens, and it doesn't happen in all of our files even though they all use the same SECTION ACCESS mechanism. The reloading user for all documents is the same, and it is correctly listed as ADMIN in all of our documents.

I'd appreciate any ideas as to what I could look into for this issue, because I'm stumped.

TIA

2 Replies
Not applicable

- Are all docs reloading from the same source(s) (databases)?

- Do you have a good connection to the source(s)?

- Is there any anti-virus software running on the server?

- How is the Firewall configured?

Or
MVP
MVP
Author

Mark wrote:
- Are all docs reloading from the same source(s) (databases)?
- Do you have a good connection to the source(s)?
- Is there any anti-virus software running on the server?
- How is the Firewall configured?
- ... <div></div>

- No, but the documents that are failing are accessing the same DBs as ones that are not.

- Yes. The source is on the same LAN as the QV server, and the DB server is dedicated to serving QV.

- No, it was disabled some time ago because it increased the load times for QV files.

- Traffic is on internal LAN and should not, afaik, be going through any firewalls, but that's something I'll look into.