Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

DMS group authorization

Team - How do we utilize active directory groups with DMS mode? We don not want to give individual rights to each document.

We want to use DMS authorization to control access to qvw's. We can give access to individuals and it works fine, but it does not works when we give access to groups.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lhr
Employee
Employee

you need to set up the directory service connector (dsc) for group resolution to work in dms mode.

configure an active directory connection in QEMC -> system -> setup -> dsc -> active directory. normally all you need to do here is to press the little button next to the path and apply.

note the url to the dsc on the summary tab.

verify that the qvs has the same url in system -> setup -> qvs -> security.

verify that the account running the qvs is member of the local group qlikview administrators on the machine running the dsc.

restart the qvs.

cheers,

lars

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

you need to set up the directory service connector (dsc) for group resolution to work in dms mode.

configure an active directory connection in QEMC -> system -> setup -> dsc -> active directory. normally all you need to do here is to press the little button next to the path and apply.

note the url to the dsc on the summary tab.

verify that the qvs has the same url in system -> setup -> qvs -> security.

verify that the account running the qvs is member of the local group qlikview administrators on the machine running the dsc.

restart the qvs.

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Lars,

It will still not work, I understand from qliktech support that DMS authorization does not works without Publisher, and we do not have Publisher License at the current client location.

Have you tried it without Publisher? Please let me know and we will try that.

Thanks again

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

In my experience, if you want to use AD groups with DMS authorization, you need to specify the DSC in Distinguished format. For example, if your domain is test.mydomain.com, then distinguished format would be: LDAP://DC=test,DC=mydomain,DC=com

You also need to be careful how you specify the AD groups in the Authorization tab since it's sensitive to .com, .local, etc. Thankfully, it's not case-sensitive 🙂

Regards,

lhr
Employee
Employee

no i haven't tried that, but if support says it won't work...

/lars

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Oops, didn't notice that there is not Publisher. I've never tried it w/o Publisher so I couldn't really say...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad - Support has made it clear that without Publisher DMS authorization does not works.

Thanks again to everyone on providing their input on this.

Regards