Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partial Reload - Action Freeze

Hi All,

I have a text object with a reload action (partial reload) enabled. When I initiate the action, the model reloads but does not allow me to manually close the script execution box until i click on another program (lose focus) and then refocus again.

This is not an issue when "close when finished" is ticked but want to know if anyone has an explanation as to why this happens. I cannot find a post where this has been encountered before. Links to posts where this is explained would be appreciated

Cheers,

Byron

6 Replies
avinashelite

Could you please elaborate you problem ?
If you have check the "close the when finished option " it will auto close your reload window otherwise it will wait until you close the window manually ....

Not applicable
Author

Ok, let's try explaining like this.

I have a model with a text object that has an action to reload the model with partial reload ticked. When I click the text button to trigger the action, the partial reload is executed. However, I cannot close the dialog box (the script execution window) without refocusing the qlikview application i.e. click on email then back to the qvw.

I will upload a sample qvw in a bit, this will show you what I am referring to

avinashelite

sure

Not applicable
Author

I created a similar document but with an inline load and it doesn't require me to switch between applications before I can close the dialog box. The behaviour is very strange, don't get me wrong, I know this is not easy to see unless you experience it yourself. But basically its like saving a large qlikview model, you are unable to do anything before the save is complete, process has run. Same thing when I click the action on this text object

avinashelite

Sorry Byron, currently I don't  have my QV license to work on this ......once i get the license will get back to you

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't see anything special or wrong in your application - it looks like a bug to me.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein