9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2010 12:52 PM by noel.tccsa.net RSS

Document CAL Assignment

I am relatively new to Qlickview and have a question regarding CAL assignment as seen via the EMC.

I checked the CAL allocation/assignment for a document which was 14 CALs allocated, 1 CAL assigned.

I then started an Qlikview Accesspoint connection via IE 7.0, logged in with one of the valid logins.

I checked the CAL allocation/assignment again for the same document and of course still had 14 CALs allocated, and now 2 CALs assigned (one being the account I just logged on with) which is what I expected.

I then closed the Accesspoint IE 7.0 browser that I logged on with and checked the CAL allocation/assignment again, and it still shows 2 CALs being assigned (one being the account I just logged off) . It has now been about 30 minutes and it still shows the 2 CALs being assigned.

Can anyone explain this to me? When does the CAL become 'unassigned'? Its not that I want to use this CAL to login as some other user so its not a matter of quarantine and waiting 24 hours, I want to be able to login again as the same user and not be assigned a 2nd CAL for the same user.

Thanks,

Terry Noel

noel@tccsa.net or 330-264-6047