Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexander_nagler
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Allow admins to use only certain custom properties or certain values from a custom property

Hello Community,

we have a customer scenario, where group memberships and roles need to be simualted exclusively by custom properties.

For example: a developer from Sales Team should see Streams and Data Connections, to which the value "Sales" had been assigned. An Admin should be able to manage resources to which the corresponding value "Sales" is assigned.

This works well with the exception of custom properties. If an admin is allowed to read custom properties, then he is allowed to see all custom properties and assign all values of that property to resource he can edit.

What I'm looking for is possibility to allow an admin to use only certain custom properties or certain values from a custom property. Does anyone know if this is possible or if there is a possibility to achieve that result?

Of course I can prevent the Departmental admin from accessing propeties at all. In consequence this would mean that you will have a very stressed out Root admin who needs to assign the values to the ressources in question.

Best Regards

Alexander

mto

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexander_nagler
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi Scott,

yes, we found a solution. We are using a User Directory Connector. Then, we are modelling all necessary properties within the Qlik Load Script. Voila, problem solved.

How to setup the UDC is described here:

redmine_qswebticket/Install_UDC.md at master · konne/redmine_qswebticket · GitHub

Hope that helps

Alexander

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sjoelsona8
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Alexander - I'm curious if you found a solution. I have a very similar scenario.

alexander_nagler
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi Scott,

yes, we found a solution. We are using a User Directory Connector. Then, we are modelling all necessary properties within the Qlik Load Script. Voila, problem solved.

How to setup the UDC is described here:

redmine_qswebticket/Install_UDC.md at master · konne/redmine_qswebticket · GitHub

Hope that helps

Alexander