Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

problems making a linktable

Hi

i have some problems making a linktable between to tables and that would be salesdet and customer. i dont know how to make one i have tried but failed and wonder if someone can help me out, This is for my own practice,, i would be very thankful for the help thanks

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you try to explain the problem? I don't understand why you think you need a link table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hello again i want to learn how to connect a link table if i have to. What i understand is that doing a link table is to erase synthetic keys and loops? but if i would do it how do i wright it in the script. i wanna learn how i work with link tables. I wanted to try it in the sales details table and the customer table.

Not applicable
Author

i want to try to make a link table just to see how it works. between salesdet and customer.and if i need it in the

future..all i want to know is how a make a link table and how i wright it in the script

would appriciate the help

thanks!

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Please see attached.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

if you'd like to understand how Qlik Data Modelling works, and how to create various data modelling scenarios, may I recommend my new book QlikView Your Business?

We also teach advanced Data Modelling at the Masters Summit for Qlik.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Not applicable
Author

hi

which attached file should i look at? i think it should be something to trim() with but how do i wright it in the script

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

The attachment include example on how to build link table.

Regarding to your trim() question:

Could yo provide example of your script code?