5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2016 3:28 AM by Betty Habtemariam RSS

Problems with custom colouring a line chart

Betty Habtemariam

Hello everybody,

I've been using a solution when custom colouring measures in a bar chart (see "How to set custom colors by measures in a bar chart") which was created by this guy called Ian Wilson. It's been working just fine. However, now I'm trying to do the same thing with a line chart, but it doesnät work. It's s if the expression seems too complex or something. Take a look.

I have 2 dimensions; Month and Type. In the Type dimension I created a valueList to create temporary dimension and I wrote it like this: ValueList ('Result', 'Revenue PY', 'Budget').

MEASURE! The measure I have is called Amount and the expression I wrote is:

if(ValueList('Result','Revenue PY', 'Budget')='Result'

,Sum({1<%Restaurang=P(%Restaurang), [RR Grupp]={'Revenue PY'}, ÅrNum={'$(=Max(ÅrNum))'}, ÅrMånad={'<=$(=Max(ÅrMånad))'}>}Result)

,if(ValueList('Result','Revenue PY', 'Budget')='Revenue PY'

,Sum({1<%Restaurang=P(%Restaurang), [RR Grupp]={'Revenue PY'}, ÅrNum={'$(=Max(ÅrNum))'}, ÅrMånad={'<=$(=Max(ÅrMånad))'}>}Result)

,Sum({1<%Restaurang=P(%Restaurang), [RR Grupp]={'Revenue PY'}, ÅrNum={'$(=Max(ÅrNum))'}>}Budget)

)

)

In the appearance section i went to the coloring section and wrote the following expression:

if(ValueList('Result','Revenue PY','Budget')='Result'

,rgb(0,192,0)

,if(ValueList('Result','Revenue PY','Budget')='Revenue PY'

,rgb(0,0,192)

,rgb(192,0,0)

)

)

The colors only appear when the measure expressions aren't that complex. If I would've written this instead it works:

if(ValueList('Result','Revenue PY', 'Budget')='Result'

,Sum(Result)

,if(ValueList('Result','Revenue PY', 'Budget')='Revenue PY'

,Sum(Result)

,Sum(Budget)

)

)

Can someone help me understand how to make Ian Wilsons trick work on this? How can I make it work with my expression?

Sincerely,

Betty