Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document CAL urgent problem

Hi All,

I'm quite new in QlikView. I've already ask QT suport but with no solution for now.

On qvw file were allocated 10 document CALs none of the users can open it by IE, Java nor Ajax client.

On Document Cals tab I have information that Document CAL assingned to users=0 and Document CAL allocated to this document:10. Above I have a list of 10 users (DOMAIN\USERID)

When I deleted document license from one user and gave him named CAL he could

Open this file with no problem. Both ports 4747 and 80 are opened. While tying open this file there are

three errors one after another:

error loading image

error loading image

error loading image

I have newest build of QlikView Server SR3 9.0.7440.8.

I have NTFS Authorization and Prohibit Anonymous checked, Anonymous Account: on local computer.

What is very strange logging is enabled but in Event and Sessions logs there are no trace of any effort to open this file.

Does anybody can help me please?? It is very urgent for me.

Monika

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure if this is going to help but I had a few problems with document CALs when I first came to use them and it was all down to the order in which I did things.

• Using the Enterprise Management Console go to the Documents tab and select your document
  • Select the Document CALs tab
  • Assuming you have sufficient available enter the number that you want to assign to this document in the "Number of CALs allocated..." text box
  • CLICK APPLY (not doing this is where I went wrong several times!)
  • Then for each user you want to add
    • put their credentials (domain\userid or machine\userid) into the "New user" text box
    • click Assign CAL
  • Finally CLICK APPLY again!

I hope that helps - it works for me anyway!

Regards
Pete Sykes

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure if this is going to help but I had a few problems with document CALs when I first came to use them and it was all down to the order in which I did things.

• Using the Enterprise Management Console go to the Documents tab and select your document
  • Select the Document CALs tab
  • Assuming you have sufficient available enter the number that you want to assign to this document in the "Number of CALs allocated..." text box
  • CLICK APPLY (not doing this is where I went wrong several times!)
  • Then for each user you want to add
    • put their credentials (domain\userid or machine\userid) into the "New user" text box
    • click Assign CAL
  • Finally CLICK APPLY again!

I hope that helps - it works for me anyway!

Regards
Pete Sykes

Not applicable
Author

Well I have already add users to this document but the problem is they can't open it by Access Point:

Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Hmm! The "Document CALs assigned to users" will show 0 to start and will then increment by 1 the first time each assigned user opens the document. Of course, in your case, they can't do this!

Have you set up the access methods in the document's "Server Settings" tab?...

Regards,
Pete Sykes

Not applicable
Author

Ok the problem was old IE Plugin from QV 8.5 and too stricted security settings of IE.

Thanks for your interest and help Pete.

Regards,

Monika

Not applicable
Author

You're welcome.

Glad you've got it sorted at last!

Pete