Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QDS reload and publish problem with file using section access

I have a problem with reloading and publishing with QDS.

I have a file c:\qvsource\sales.qvw that uses security with data reduction on field COMPANY

USERID ACCESS PASSWORD COMPANY SERIAL
marcjanssens USER testpswd COMP1 *
paulveys USER testpswd2 COMP2 *
kristofgoethals ADMIN testpswd3 * *
* ADMIN * * xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Before QDS we used te reload the file from sheduled tasks and that worked fine. The reload used the serial admin rights and the copy published the document.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /R "c:\qvsource\sales.qvw"
copy "c:\qvsource\sales.qvw" "c:\qvpublic\sales.qvw" /Y

So user marcjanssens was allowed to see COMP1 and kristofgoethals was allowed to see all companies.
In the future we want to use QDS instead of sheduled tasks.

So i created a task on sales.qvw, checked section access and submitted kristofgoethals and testpswd3 so that the file could be opened for reloading. (without section access checked publisher gave the error Reload failed because the document could not be opened successfully. DocumentState=CouldNotOpenDocument).

When published all seems ok, because my users have to submit their login and password before opening the file, but all have access to the data of user 'kristofgoethals'. They should be limited to the data which i submitted in section access. The odd thing is that when manual copying the file from our source documents folder (c:\qvsource\sales.qvw) to the public folder (c:\qvpublic\sales.qvw ) the file works fine. So i think there is no problem with the reload action, but rather with the publish action.

Can someone help me?

error loading image

error loading image

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

We solved the problem by adding 3 extra columns and an extra row in the securitytable;

USERID ACCESS PASSWORD COMPANY SERIAL NTUSER NTSID NTDOMAINSID
marcjanssens USER testpswd COMP1 * * * *
paulveys USER testpswd2 COMP2 * * * *
kristofgoethals ADMIN testpswd3 * * * * *
* ADMIN * * xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx * * *
* ADMIN * * xxxxxx * *

Now we don't supply username and password for security access in publisher, but the NTUSERname is used instead.