1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 17, 2016 7:06 PM by Mike Czerwonky RSS

NPrinting Word Report

Simon Meacher

Hi All,

I'm using NPrinting to create a word report on demand. Everything is working fine with the on demand functions.

The set up of the NPrinting report is as follows:

• The data needed from 3 QV tables and placing the individual field into the word document.
      • The fields within these tables are placed within the word template. It's set up like a mail merge.
      • There will only be one row of data in each of these tables.
      • Users can not generate the report until a single record has been selected within the QV dashboard.

My issues is, if the field has a null or blank ('') value the name of the field will remain in the document <Field Name 1> rather than being surpressed.

The only way around this, that i've found so far, is to test the value in the load script and replace null values with a single space (' ')

Has anyone experainced this or found another way around it?

Many thanks, Simon

Director

Pathfinder Analytics Limited

• Re: NPrinting Word Report
          Mike Czerwonky

Simon,

I like your work around and I usually try to have a way to deal with nulls.  Here is a creative thought for you to solve your problem.

When your are placing your field in your Word template, use a formula.  In this case an if statement.  If the value is not null than, show your field.  the alternate in my case is to show Test.   You can replace test with space n/a or whatever character you want.

Surgeon is the name of a field in my data model and this only produces output when it is selected.

=if([Surgeon] <> null(), [Surgeon],'Test')

If you have 4 fields, you can create 4 formulas

formula.PNG

Hope that helps or at least gets you thinking to find your answer.

Regards,

Mike