29 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2016 8:30 AM by Avinash R RSS

Showing totals when hovering

Andre Toerien

Hi

I know you can show totals when hovering on a bar chart. But my totals on my expressions are all divided by millions, so it you hover ot shows 121 for 121435000, so how do I show the full total while hovering?

• Re: Showing totals when hovering
          Kaushik Solanki

Hi,

have a look at the link below.

mouseover label

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

balraj ahlawat

Did you try with Text as a PopUp??

Properties -> Expression -> Text as a PopUp

Andre Toerien

I have done this it works fine for values over a million,Most of my bars are more than a million, so I have the Y Axis as million values.

See attached document

The code for example is with or without the /1000000

if(MonthName=1,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=2,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=3,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=4,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=5,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=6,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=7,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=8,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=9,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=10,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=11,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=12,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly)

))))))))))))/1000000

Avinash R

Try with the dual() function

How to use- Dual()

Andre Toerien

Not sure I quite understand where you want me to use it. I already use the Dual Function with Month name and Month number combined. Do you mean having a dual with the million rounded and the full value? We have to use it as our Financial Month are June = 1, July = 2, so I am forced to use it for ordering purposes as well, so I can order months by numbers.

My issue is more related to the following

When values are more than a million, I have the Y-axis showing the values in millions, but when I hover it shows the full value

But when the values are less than a million, I still need the Y axis to show the values in millions, for example 250 000 as 0.25 and when hovering it will show 250 000

Avinash R

I think your formatting the number in the Number tab? if so this situation is common , try to handle the format in the Expression this will be always consistent...

Do you mean having a dual with the million rounded and the full value?

Yes , I asked you to use dual function  for this type of formatting

Andre Toerien

But how do I differentiate between the two, when using it, its easy enough with a text and a number field in the Dual, how would it work with two number, for example Dual(250000,0.25). Am I understanding you correctly?

Avinash R

try like this

DUAL( your_expression, your_expression/1000000)

Andre Toerien

Can you do it on the actual expression inside a chart or in the load statement, there are some really small values involved in single rows, so would you out lose a lot of data, example 500 would be 0.000500, Qlikview would keep these values?

Still the remaining issue is, seeing as they are two numeric values, how do I differentiate between they two in a chart, how do I select it I want to use the million value or the full value?

Hope I am making sense

Avinash R

Qlikview will  not ignore any values

dual(expression1,expression2) functions like this

In dual expression1 will be considered for your hover display but for the chart the value of the expression2 is considered .

EG: if you have dual(Month_name,Month_value) then

while building the chart your Y Axis will be generated according to the Month_value but will showing it in the hover the value of Month_name is displayed .

In your case dual() function will help you to set the Y axis always set to M and it the hover it will show the actual values

hope this makes better