29 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2016 8:30 AM by Avinash R RSS

Showing totals when hovering

Hi

I know you can show totals when hovering on a bar chart. But my totals on my expressions are all divided by millions, so it you hover ot shows 121 for 121435000, so how do I show the full total while hovering?

• Re: Showing totals when hovering
          Kaushik Solanki

Hi,

have a look at the link below.

mouseover label

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

balraj ahlawat

Did you try with Text as a PopUp??

Properties -> Expression -> Text as a PopUp

I have done this it works fine for values over a million,Most of my bars are more than a million, so I have the Y Axis as million values.

See attached document

The code for example is with or without the /1000000

if(MonthName=1,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=2,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=3,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=4,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=5,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=6,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=7,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=8,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=9,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=10,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=11,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

if(MonthName=12,sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly),

sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1},CapitalTypeShort = {'Intangible'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly)

))))))))))))/1000000

Avinash R

Try with the dual() function

How to use- Dual()

Not sure I quite understand where you want me to use it. I already use the Dual Function with Month name and Month number combined. Do you mean having a dual with the million rounded and the full value? We have to use it as our Financial Month are June = 1, July = 2, so I am forced to use it for ordering purposes as well, so I can order months by numbers.

My issue is more related to the following

When values are more than a million, I have the Y-axis showing the values in millions, but when I hover it shows the full value

But when the values are less than a million, I still need the Y axis to show the values in millions, for example 250 000 as 0.25 and when hovering it will show 250 000