Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS9 & IIS => which port to open ?

Hi all !

A litle question about Qlikview Server with IIS.

We have install a QVS9 on IIS. It works fine. But some users use it in external of our network. For accessing, some ports were open, like the 80 IIS. But they can't access to documents in QVS.

My question is : Which ports we need to open for accessing accesspoint and all document ?

And, for confirmation, when we use QVS with IIS, The port 80 is use only for the web page (like te accesspoint), and navigate on special port ?

Thanks a lot for our answers and sorry sorry sorry for my english :op

Heddicmi

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

QlikView server communicates on port 4747.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

To be able to utilize AccessPoint, you only need to open for regular HTTP/HTTPS traffic (default port 80 for HTTP and 443 for HTTPS). There's no other communication, but "pure" HTTP/S.

Depending on client used, you may need to open TCP port 4747. This is only required for QvPlugin and QvJava. QvAJAXZFC does not require any additional ports as it is "pure" HTTP/S.

Not applicable
Author

As Jerry says, 4747 for IE Plugin and QlikView "open in Server" (exe), or port 80 if you use AJAX client too.

Assuming you have a secure connection into your network, QVP (plugin/QlikView exe) is encrypted. If you are using AJAX, be sure to wrap some encryption around the connection.

finally if you wish not to open port 4747 you can always tunnel over port 80 (see the QVS manual for more info)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all.

We are trying with port 4747. And I will be back for the answer Big Smile

Not applicable
Author

Ok, it was only this.

thanks for the help !