Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I forcibly default a chart to display dimensions?

In the example I've included, there are a number of dimensions missing because there are no measures occurring in that dimension. (2, 4, 5, 6).

For the sake of conversation, let's say this line chart counts how many individuals drop out of the process at each step.  Let's call it a 12 step program. To do this, my chart is using Dimension =(STEPS), and Measure =COUNT(STEPS) How can I forcibly show that something (even a 0) happened at steps 2, 4, 5, & 6 even if nobody drops out of the process?  Is there logic that I can enter into the Dimension that would show 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 on my chart, but still allow users to filter out any step that they would like?

2016-02-23_14-41-05.jpg

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can create another table which will have all the values and then you can use that field. For example.

Load STEPS, STEPS as Key From Data;

Load * inline [

Key, ALLSTEPS

];

Now use the AllSTEPS field as dimension.

Regard,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, that doesn't work as other complex charts/visualizations are tied to that same field.  It also doesn't appear to count correctly now.

2016-02-23_15-12-28.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Isaac,

will something like this work?

Load * inline [

Step, DropOuts

3, 2

4, 0

5, 0

6, 0

7, 3

8, 2

9, 1

10, 2

11, 1

];

Then use "Step" as dimension, and DropOuts as measure.

Regards,

Muliady

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

can you post the Qvf File.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try this: In the charts properties pane on the right, go to Appearance and expand Presentation. Here for missing values select 'Show as zeros' Line_showzeros.JPG

Not applicable
Author

unfortunately that's not an option for me.  The root cause is that I'm using the same field for the dimension and measure, so Qlik doesn't even realize that steps 2, 4, 5, or 6 even exist in this sense.