3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2016 2:19 PM by Carlos Silva RSS

    Users getting inactive

    Chanchal Sharma

      Hi All ,


      I am new to qlik sense and facing a issue often

      the issue is users getting inactive randomly .

      Apart from Root admin all users get inactive within 2-3 days .

      if delete the users from user list then only it get active .

      Please refer screenshot  and guide me .


      Thanks in advance


        • Re: Users getting inactive
          Gysbert Wassenaar

          The inactive users are probably disabled in the user directory you import them from. You can add a filter to the user directory connector to import only user accounts that are not disabled. Perhaps this one will do:



          • Re: Users getting inactive

            I have exactely the same problem, and the user is active on the AD.I'm researching for a solution, if I find I'll let you know!



            Carlos Silva

            • Re: Users getting inactive

              I have found that my problem was the LDAP filter that probably was in the wrong format. I was passing the path to the OU where the users are , like this:


              OU=SBSUsers, OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=MyDomain,DC=local


              I removed the LDAP filter, Synced and all users (including some service accounts I wanted to filter) showed up in seconds!


              What I should have, was a LDAP query to return users from a specific group, something like this:


              Example 1: (memberOf=CN=QlikPowerUsers,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com) returns all users and their attributes who are

              members of the QlikPowerUsers group.

              Example 2: (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(cn=Joe*)) returns all users and their attributes whose name begins

              with "Joe".

              Example 3:


              mple,DC=com)) returns all users and their attributes who are members of either QlikPowerUsers OR QlikReadOnlyUsers groups.


              More info about this on this very useful document:

              Qlik Sense Best Practice: User Directory Connectors


              Hope this also solved your problem!


              Best Regards,

              Carlos Silva