9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2016 12:55 AM by jagan mohan rao appala RSS

How to manage sales by month ?

PAUL YEO

Hi All

When i using QV to present YTD sales or YTD month close sales.  For example Now is Feb 29.

I can use the SET expression to present the sales.

1 Jan till 29 Feb sales. YTD month closed. by select month=2.

sum({$<year = {$(=max(year))}, month = {"<=$(=max({<year={$(=max(year))}>} month))"}>} $(ColumnDim51)/$(Columndim89)/1000)

1 Jan till End Jan sales. YTD month closed. by select month=1. using the same above expression.

When i using QS i can only present YTD sales or YTD month close sales. Due to it does not advise to make use of button to set month = 2 , I need to make use of 2 expression ,in order to display YTD sales or YTD month close sales.

As one thing i notice , from the demo program for QV , every page have month for user to click . where in QS design , it does not have month field year field for user to click the month and year they like.

Hope some one can advise me what is the work around ?

Paul

• Re: How to manage sales by month ?
          jagan mohan rao appala

Hi,

Try like this

sum({$<year = , month =, DateFieldName={'>=$(=YearStart(Max(DateFieldName)))<=$(=Max(DateFieldName))'}>} $(ColumnDim51)/$(Columndim89)/1000)

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

jagan.

• Re: How to manage sales by month ?
              PAUL YEO

Hi Jagan

Thank you for your sharing.

If you look at my Table 1 expression from you , when i click on the Blue buttom , it will display sales from 1 jan till 29 Feb. meaning it display YTD sales. from 1 jan till today.

But for Table 2 expression commonly use by QV , i can change the display of sales amount by change the month =1 or 2

My question is if i using Table 1 exopression from you , during 1 March , it will compare sales of 3 month for CY ( which is only 2 month 1 day. vs Last year 3 month.

Another example if base on your expression ( Table 1 ) for sales target it will display Jan till march, but for sales it will display 2 month 1 day since tomorrow is 1 march. which is not fare compare.

So i need to change your expression ( table 1 ) to YTD month close ( jan till Feb ) .

Enclosed my QV Doc

Paul