Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

QV caching

Hello

working at the premises of a client

the client has a server machine with 256 GB

memory consumption is 90%

this is because Qlik caches calculations and other stuff no?

is there a configuration on the QMC via which I can change the consumption to be 60% instead?

Please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
8 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Yes, please check your QMC

System / Setup / [Select QlikView Servers] then Performance/ Working Set

Capturar.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming the QV Server Box is dedicated and not running other applications, as recommended.  Then I would leave it it as is with the defaults, as it is designed to use RAM for massive caching which good.

Consuming 90% of RAM should not cause any issues.  If it is then could share what the issues are ?

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

the issue is that while consuming 90% of the Ram then some tasks are running and is causing the server to go down and end users receive no server message in the access point

I can walk on water when it freezes
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please check how much RAM your reload tasks are consuming.

Maybe you´re experience problem with them

As Bill said, 90% into a dedicated QV box is not an issue

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

As per the above, this is exactly how it's supposed to work. Is there an issue that you haven't mentioned?

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you have QV Publisher as well as Server running on the same box.  In which adjust the config as per your needs following the advise of cleveranjos

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

What version of Qlik You are on?

Why not try by migrating to new version.

For temporary fix

If this is just Caching of ram. I would prefer to restart qlikview server service via batch file at specific interval to clear cache if any.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you leave the QMC->Working Set Limit->High value set at 90%, that means that your QVS is allowed to consume 90% of the total RAM amount in your server. 256 * 0.9 = about 25GByte is left untouched.

All other QlikView services including any occasional Reload job run outside of this memory allotment. Let's say that your OS needs about 2GB of RAM, then your QlikView services and reload processes (QVB.exe) should do their magic in about 23GB of RAM. Is that enough? If not, you should lower your Working Set Limits so that more RAM is set aside for other services and reload tasks.

BTW you can monitor RAM consumption either live using Task Manager, or programmed for extended periods using Performance Monitor or another Windows resource monitoring tool.

Peter