32 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2017 10:36 AM by Chanty 4u RSS

NPrinting 17 - Generating

Al McEwan

Hi

I have installed NPrinting 17 Server on a fresh Windows 2012 VM, created an app, and now trying to create a connection. I have tried both a local QV app and a server-based app, and for both of these the Connections show as "Generating", and never get to "Generated".

In the 'nprinting_engine.log' file I can see (ip address removed):

2016-03-06 11:49:00,303 [32] WARN Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.BlockingContentResolver - Navigator stuck on connection f9eb5ae1-2d35-4857-acf9-54f487890511, forcing close of connection. STACK: Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Exceptions.NavigatorStuckException: Navigator navigator=qlikview;documentpath="qvp://@00.00.00.00/Sales Compass.qvw" is stuck and can't be used anymore to resolve requests ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Can anyone suggest any mechanism of identifying the problem?

Thanks

Al.

• Re: NPrinting 17 - Generating
          Sifat Rahman

Same thing happened to me. But I tried creating a completely new qvw and saved it locally with a single chart, and that generated fine. Can't figure out what the issue is. There is definitely a desktop license on the machine too.

Sifat Rahman

I just checked again and it looks like there were way too many objects/sheets on my qvw. This probably caused a lengthened generating time. After reducing sheets and unnecessary objects, the generating worked.

Gal Kossover

Hi all,

When i'm creating a connection to a QVW my cache status is stuck on 'Generating'.

I tried to do the suggestion above and it doesn't work.

have any idea?

thanks a lot,

gal

Karl Pover

I had this same problem.  I did the following to fix the problem.

1. Stop NPrinting services

2. Delete the NPrinting folder in c:\programdata

3. Start NPrinting services

This might be a little extreme and after looking the the subfolders in the programdata folder, you might be able to get away with just deleting the "ondemand" folder or the cache files in the apps folder.

Of course, when I say delete, I'm implying that you back up everything just in case you delete a template or a report you end up needing.

Best, Karl

eric Johnson

I had this issue and it was being caused by using the same server id/account to run both QlikView and Nprinting services. Qoncierge also advised the following steps to restart services (which worked for me):

Steps:
                  1. Delete any of the Cash Daily connections
                  2. Stop the following services:
                  -QlikView NPrinting server
                  -Qlikview NPrinting Web Engine
                  -Qlikview NPrinting Engine
                  -Qlikview NPrinting Repo Service
                  -Rabitt MQ

3. Start the above services again starting with rabbit mq and move up the list one at a time.
                  4. Create a brand new connection and new connection name.
                  5. Generate the connection.

ernesto gaona

Hi Mr. Eric,

Help me please!,

When I tried to create a connect  with type Server, the caché status.. display an error.

Please, check my data information for create a connection.

create conex.PNG

Caché Status Error.PNG

Regards,

eric Johnson

Hi Ernesto, a couple things...

1) Try setting the connection to local and using the servername in the path:

2) Unless the QVW requires a username and password to access upon opening, leave those fields blank.

Capture.JPG

Al McEwan

Assuming 'ServerName' is not what you actually have...

Is Movies Database.qvw in the root folder on the server? If not you need to include its path in the server box. e.g.

'ServerName/Apps'.

ernesto gaona

Hi,

My Server Name  = QlikServer01.

Yes, Movies Database.qvw, is in the root folder.

I don´t know. I will try it.

Regards,

Stephen Jasionowski

Does the NP service account have admin rights to be able to read/write to the directories with QVWs, templates, etc,?

ernesto gaona

Hi, Al McEwan ,

It does not work. Actually, How do you configure the connection?. I need to connect using server.

Regards,

Al McEwan

Have you checked that NPrinting is set up correctly first? For example, do you have an Engine running? And can you create a connection to a QlikView app that is local to the NPrinting Server?

Once that is working publish the QlikView app to the QlikView Server. I assume that is on a separate server?

First off, open QlikView on the NPrinting Server using the account running NPrinting, and use File / Open in Server to check that you can open the QlikView app. This is to check that the account running NPrinting has permission to open the QlikView app published to the QlikView Server. If this does not work then you need to fix it.

Once that is working, in NPrinting, create a connection to the app published to the QlikView Server:

In the connection set Type = Server

In the qvp:// box type the name or IP address of the QlikView server. With the qvp:// this will be the same as the QVP you would use to open the app, but without the name of the app. For example, qvp://servername/Apps

In the Document name box, type the name of the app. For example: xxx.qvw.

Done. :-)

ernesto gaona

Hi MCEwan,

Nprinting Server is setup correctly. The engine is Online and my first connect was Local Type and it was working fine!

The Nprinting Server is installed on the same machine of qlikview Server. (qlik server/desktop and nprinting can't to work in the same machine? )

The windows user for nprinting is only for nprinting and it has a license for open qlikview documents.

Please help me!.

myEngine.PNG

myconn.PNG

Regards,

eric Johnson

What errors do the log files provide?

ernesto gaona

Hi,

Engine_ Log

2016-03-23 19:06:16,347 [44] INFO Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV11.QlikViewDocument.[1164]::navigator=qlikview;username=nprinting.admin;documentpath="C:\Qlikview\Modelos\Movies Database.qvw" - Content request bc84728e-697f-444d-9b18-3a24f892d918: resolution started

2016-03-23 19:06:19,173 [44] WARN Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV11.QlikViewDocument.[1164]::navigator=qlikview;username=nprinting.admin;documentpath="C:\Qlikview\Modelos\Movies Database.qvw" - Content request bc84728e-697f-444d-9b18-3a24f892d918: resolution ended unsuccessfully with exception System.Exception: One or more errors occurred.

2016-03-23 19:06:19,173 [42] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.EngineResponseDispatcher - Sending response to scheduler for request: bc84728e-697f-444d-9b18-3a24f892d918

Scheduler_log

2016-03-23 20:45:35,653 [7] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.LoadBalancer - New balancing plan

2016-03-23 20:45:35,659 [7] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.LoadBalancer - Sending allocation mappings to engine: adcd65f2-47e9-4617-95c0-3256c57124ea, number of connections: 4

2016-03-23 20:45:40,656 [7] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.LoadBalancer - New balancing plan

2016-03-23 20:45:40,665 [7] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.LoadBalancer - Sending allocation mappings to engine: adcd65f2-47e9-4617-95c0-3256c57124ea, number of connections: 4

2016-03-23 20:45:45,655 [35] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.LoadBalancer - New balancing plan

2016-03-23 20:45:45,662 [35] INFO Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.Service.LoadBalancer - Sending allocation mappings to engine: adcd65f2-47e9-4617-95c0-3256c57124ea, number of connections: 4

Regards

ROBERTO MARIN

Hi there, i hope someone can help me. I´ve the same problem. The connection is always "Generating" I installed Nprinting Server 17, and i don´t know if it´s right that i installed the NPrinting Engine in the Server (where i installed the NPrinting Server). Or should i install NPrinting Engine in a local computer? Thanks for your help!

Chanty 4u

there might be issue with services or issue with connection,

kindly restrt all the services and server as well