Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Oracle OLEDB Select hangs when run from server task

Win2003 x64 Server, QVS 9 SR3, Oracle 10.2.0.1.0.

Qlikview services are running with a local Administrator account.

OLEDB connection, userid & password provided in the connection string.

When I reload from QV Developer, on the server, logged in as Administrator, the reload runs fine.

When I run the reload as a task from QEMC, the reload hangs at the point of doing the SQL SELECT. The DBA is pretty sure he sees my connection being made, but no select running.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Fixed by upgrading to SR4.

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Fixed by upgrading to SR4.

-Rob

Not applicable

I am running QV9 SR4 and am having the same issue with the Oracle Ole DB connection. I am not having any issue with QlikView documents connecting to SQL Servers when run through QEMC. Are there any server settings that need to be changed to allow the Oracle Ole DB connection to work?

Not applicable

The solution is to reboot the server after installing QlikView Server v9 SR6, installing the oracle driver and setting up the TNS entries. Just restarting the QlikView services will not fix the issue. Had to reboot the server after installing qv9 on a test server and on a production server before the ORacle Ole DB connection would work in a reload job over the server,