Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I upgrade Desktop Clients from 11.2 SR6 to SR13 before upgrading the server components ?

If so, are there Risks ?

(I want to upgrade all the desktop clients (11 Machines) over the course of a few days, then upgrade the server.)

Thanks for any replies !

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Quite probably it would work without greater problems but it's recommended to use the same releases on server and desktop clients. I assume that you didn't have a separate test-environment (which would be recommended for such cases - I know the budgets ...) but for testing reasons I would only switch one machine and if this runs without problems upgrading the whole environment.

QV 11 Upgrade and Migration Document

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes you can. I do this all the time with my QV Desktops at the company and at clients (at this very moment, my desktop is SR13 and my own server is SR6 - no difficulties encountered so far). But I do not easily move out to the next major release like QV12, just from SR to next SR.

Although installing QV12 Desktop shouldn't cause any conflicts with an 11.20 server. To be sure, just read the Release Notes if you plan to upgrade your Desktops to QV12.