2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2016 10:02 AM by Alex Valles RSS

Connecting SQL Server - MD Database

Alex Valles

I'm starting to learn about QlikView and have a problem when connecting a MD Database which has two tables linked to another SQL Server Database.

I simply connect with the MDB:

ODBC CONNECT TO [MS Access Database;DBQ=P:\Reporting\Reporting.mdb];

Datos_Actualizaciones:

SQL SELECT *

FROM `dbo_Actualizaciones`;

Periodos:

SQL SELECT *

FROM `QV_Periodos`;

Dias:

SQL SELECT *

FROM `QV_Dias`;

Etc...

All data captions work fine, except the two tables which originally ara located in a SQL Server DB. Datos_Actualizion is one of them.

So I try to connect directy with the SQL Server DB, using OLE DB, using ODBC, forring 32 bits, not forcing, but I continously get conencting errors.

I can open these two tables in the MD Database without any problem. Also when I use OLE DB / Micorsoft OLE DB Provider fo ODBC Drivers, the Databse shows up in the dropbox...

I also looked up for several instructions in the commnuity about how to conenct but no solutions found...

Maybe to generally exposed, but if somebody could lean me a hand, I would be very pleased.

Thanks!

• Re: Connecting SQL Server - MD Database
          Gysbert Wassenaar
          So I try to connect directy with the SQL Server DB, using OLE DB, using ODBC, forring 32 bits, not forcing, but I continously get conencting errors.

What errors are you getting exactly?

Do you have a friendly local database administrator that can help you configure a working connection to date SQL Server DB?

And have you tried looking on other sites related to SQL Server? This isn't really a Qlikview problem, so perhaps you can easier find an answer elsewhere.

• Re: Connecting SQL Server - MD Database
              Alex Valles

Hi Gysbert

After posting the message, I tried the same using a Terminal Server connecting directly in the server and I didn't had any problem to load the data, so it's wthat you guessed, it's a none QlikView issue... I'll chekc it out with our IS consultants. SOmething with old odbc or permissiones, or whatever!

Thanks anyway!