Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to drill down a dimension without cliking on a specific Level ?

Hi,

I have created a drill-downable dimension used in scatter plot.

The dimension is the following : Type of Carrier > Carrier Name > Driver

This function is really cool to get an overview of a performance and then for explore the data.

However, sometimes I would like to plot directly all Driver from all Carrier and Carrier Type without cliking on each level of my drill-downable dimension which by definition filter each time my drivers.

Here is my question :

Is it possible to change level of a drill-downable dimension without clicking on each level ?

Alban

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Qlik Sense 2.2 introduces Alternate Dimensions, so you could use it to switch dimensions as Gysbert proposes.

Just update to the latest release.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Replace your drill down group with a cyclic group that contains the same dimensions as your drill down group.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert, thank you for your fast answer.

However, in the dimension creating functonality of Qlik Sense I don't have the possibility to create cyclic group.

The 2 options are "Single" and "Drill-Down". I have Qlik Sense 2.1 maybe in the 2.2 ?

Alban

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Qlik Sense 2.2 introduces Alternate Dimensions, so you could use it to switch dimensions as Gysbert proposes.

Just update to the latest release.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If this is in Qlik Sense, and you are on the newest version you can use alternative dimensions. When you add a dimension to your chart, you can add alternative dimensions, which would be similar to a cycle group.

2016-03-10_10-45-49.png

This will let you change dimensions on the fly.