Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create a new date check status?

All,

I am using QlikSense and I want to create Status 2.

It involves searching the same table to see if there was a status check done before the current status check.

If there was not a previous status check in the same table, I would update the Status 2 field as 'No Check Performed'

Account IDStatusDateStatus 2Notes
1234535 Day Expired3/1/201635 Day ExpiredIf account status = '35 day expired', and the account has a prior status check, then keep Status 2 keeps value of '35 day expired'
12345Conditional Approval2/10/2016Conditional ApprovalIf status does not equal "expired", then Status 2 keeps same value as Status
6897435 Day Expired3/1/2016No Check PerformedIf account status = expired, and the account did not have another status check, then Status 2 becomes 'No Check Performed'

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

LOAD

[Account ID],

[Status],

[Date],

[Account ID] as [AccountIDCheck],

If( Status <> '35 Day Expired', Status, If(Exists([AccountIDCheck,[Account ID]), Status, 'No Check Performed')) as Status2

RESIDENT YourTable

ORDER BY Date;

DROP FIELD AccountIDCheck;

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I think I forgot to clarify that we are looking for

if Status = '35 Day Expired', see if there were any other Status that existed before for that Account ID.

Basically I want to separate the Account IDs that only had 1 '35 Day expired' status from the population by labeling them ' No Check Performed'

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe I am still misunderstanding your request, but I think these two lines should do what you want:

[Account ID] as [AccountIDCheck],

If( Status <> '35 Day Expired', Status, If(Exists([AccountIDCheck,[Account ID]), Status, 'No Check Performed')) as Status2

Have you tried with your data? If it doesn't work for your, could you upload some sample records and your expected result?