You mean running out of memory while loading the data from the CSV in a load script?
If that is the case - the loading of the data into QlikView in-memory through a SQL-database will not make a difference. Using a SQL-database as a source does not help on memory. I
f you on the other hand use Direct Dicovery for your fact table then using a SQL-database will help. But it comes with some trade-offs and limitations. So I am pretty sure that doing the following two things first will be most useful for you:
1) Look at how the data you bring in can be made less memory consuming.
2) Buy more memory for your computer
- Are you converting you data into QVD and Making use of them in your App.
- Try using incremental load beacause .I hope the old data of weather will not have a change.This may decrease your Reload time and only new records will be appended.
- CSV's -the number of records is limited to 1048576 rows.
- I think in your csv export you can create a export based on monthly or quaterly CSV such that the records will be lesser than the limitation.