Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I enable "favicon" within QV Server? (display QV icon in browser address bar)

I would like my Access Point to show the QlikView icon in the address bar (similar to other popular sites)

Wikipedia documentation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon

I have tried putting an icon file in the directory (%\Program Files\QlikView\Web) and nothing happens.

Thoughts?

error loading image

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can edit the idex.htm file (C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web) and add <link rel="shortcut icon" href=". /favicon.ico"> right below the <title> tag (see below). You will need to put you ico file there also. You may need to delete you browser history and cache also. I had to do that to get it to work.

<head>
<title>QlikView - AccessPoint</title>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href=". /favicon.ico">

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

This is an older post, but I figured somebody may find this valuable.  Using the built-in QV Web Server, in addition to BBT's solution above I also needed to modify C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml to include the below code in the <Types> tag:

<Type>

<Extension>.ICO</Extension>

<Content>image/x-icon</Content>

</Type>

Afterwards I believe a restart of the QlikView Web Server service is necessary.  -Isaiah