Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Plug-In Detach / Clone

Hello Community,

in the desktop application it is possible to "detach" and "clone" an object such as a pivot table or a chart. In the plug-in these functions can be seen in the right click menu, but are not active.

Is there any way of activating these functions in the plug-in?

I am currently still using version 8.5

Thanks,

Petra

10 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Petra

Before you deploy your application to the server, can you make sure that Copy/Clone is checked in the layout properties of the chart.

Regards,

picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Nigel,

the copy/clone is set. We use the Publisher to deploy to the server, do you think that makes a difference?

Thanks,

Petra

Not applicable

Hi Petra

I don't think that using Publisher will make any difference, what about the settings on your server, there is something in there like "Allow Colaboration" which I think should be switched on. This is in the QEMC or QMS on your server, but I can't check exactly which tabs its in at the moment.

Regards,

picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Nigel,

my server engineer just confirmed to me that this should work. We will be testing hopefully today.

Regards,

Petra

Not applicable

Hello,

we have te same problem. In the plug-in the detach-function can be seen, but it is not active. Our server engineer had a look to the QEMS and found, that 'Allow Collaboration' is active. And we found no other possibility.

Does anybody has an idea?

Thanks and regards

Torsten

picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello,

we have the solution: you need 3 different setups:

Firstly Clone/Copy set on the actual object in your application.

Then, in QlikView Developer, go to Settings -> Document Properties -> choose Server tag -> make sure there that "Allow Server Objects" is activated. Save the application and reload to the server.

Thirdly, the collaboration setting mentioned above needs to be activated.

Hope this helps,

Petra

Not applicable

Hi Petra,

thanks for your answer.

we did every step you've described. It's possible to clone, but not to detach.

We're working with 9.0. Perhaps there is a difference to your version.

Regards

Torsten

picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I had that initally too, but once I had done a couple of clones the detach finally activated. Don't ask me how come, but that is what I found.. Play around with it a bit it should unhook. And remember that you do need a little more RAM capacity.

🙂

Not applicable

Thanks for this hint. I've seen, if I craete a clone, it's possible to detach in the clone.

Well, it's better than nothing....