Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Move/ Migrate publisher jobs from one server to another?

We are using QV9.0 and have multiple servers. Is it possible to move publisher jobs from one server to another in QV 9.0? Please let me know what folders do I have to move and steps taken while moving. Does it have to do anything with QVPR?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I got the answer from forums

http://community.qlik.com/message/75573#75573

Yes, this can be somewhat daunting, but a lot less so once you understand what needs to be modified. If you folder structure is the same on both servers, it's really not all that bad. The following assumes a clean install on your production server (Server2) and all tasks set up on your development server (Server1). Unless you have separate license keys, don't license Server2 yet, because that will attempt to create a cluster and will corrupt your QVPR.

Step 1: Stop all services on Server2

Step 2: Rename the QVPR folder on Server2 to something else, and copy the QVPR folder from Server1 to Server2.

Step 3: Change all references to Server1 in the following files to Server2:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\DirectoryResource.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\DistributionService.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\DSCResource.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\QDSCluster.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\QlikViewServerResource.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\QVSCluster.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\QvWebServiceResource.xml

Step 4: Start all services on Server2 and stop all services on Server1.

Step 5: License Server2.

It's possible that I've missed a couple files, but that should do it I think. Test it out.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

What version of QV did you do this on?

I attempted it on QV9 Server and None of those files had server references in them. There were 4-5 other xml files that did, which I changed.

After that, I started up the Services and none of my Tasks that were migrated showed in the QEMC and the Distribution Service would not Connect.

Not applicable
Author

This is version 10 and it is same in version 9 too. Can you please post the file names you edited .