Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chanchalsharma
Contributor III
Contributor III

QVF created on server ,are not opening on qlik sese desktop

Hi All ,

Facing multiple issue on qlik sense .

One more issue I am posting here that my complete development on qlik sense server  and these qvf file are not opening on qlik sense desktop.

If in any case server crash then how will get my development back.

Please guide How do I open qvf those are created on qlik sense server on other machine.

Please guide

Thanks in advance

Chanchal

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Are you using the same versions of Qlik Sense Desktop and Enterprise?

if in any case server crash then how will get my development back.

That's what backups where invented for. Perhaps you should look into this revolutionary new concept.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
chanchalsharma
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Yes I am using same version of both that is 2.1.1

What dose mean of that backup file which can not be open on any other machine???

If I am not able to explain my doubt properly then let explain in detail .

I have created files on qlik sense hub (qlik sense server ) and I exported that qvf file and took it on other machine and tried to open that file on qlik sense desktop .But it is not opening .And same I tried on multiple machine but no luck.

So my simple question is that If we need to reinstall or relocate "qlik sense server"  then In that case I am in doubt that those file will be open or not .

And I know through encrypted file i can get the script but how will I get the front end .

Please guide what kind of steps I need to follow to reopen those files.

So that I could be relax that my work is safe .

Thanks in Advance

Chanchal

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this page for an explanation of the concept of backups: Backup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can you post an example of a qvf file that you exported and can't load in Qlik Sense Desktop?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand