Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlikview sheets with alternate states

Hi ,

I have one question regarding the alternate states.my requirements is like below.

i created a qv document with two sheets sheet1 and sheet 2.I created two alternate states like StateA and StateB.

sheet1 has alternate state StateA and sheet2 has alternate state as StateB.

In sheet1 i have one country list box  with countries as values .

Country

------------

India

Japan

China

Germany

In second sheet i have one stight tablw with values like below.

Country   company     Revenue

-----------     --------         -------------

India         IBM          1000000

Japan        HP           1000

China        IBM          15000000

Germany   SAP           20000

China        HP           100000

my requirement is the list box selections i made in sheet1(StateA) should be send to shee2(StateB)  and

also, upon sheet2 activation i have to select  value "HP" in company column value.

for this i have added two actions for shee2 onActivateSheet .one action will use "copy state contents" with source as StateA and target as StateB ,another one is "select in field " with field company and value as HP.for both the actions i have selected alternate state as "StateB".

After selecting country as china and once navigates into sheet2 ,the table showing two records instead of one.

company column  still showing both IBM and HP.so "selection in field"  action is not working.

Thanks.

Mohan.

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you checked with a list box in inherited state on sheet 2 that the selection was not made?

It can also be an issue with your straight table set to a different state (state 1) or using set analysis in your chart expressions. Hard to tell with the information provided.

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl,

It is simple straight table without set analysis  and has inherited state.the "select in field" action  is not working in sheet2 if we use the "copy states selection" action  on sheet2 .

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I believe that you just can't rely on the execution order of the actions so that the copy states selection overrides the select in field action. Try to use an action instead that copies only the required field values to state B, like a Select in field action on field Country (in state B) and as search string   

='=Sum({StateA} 1)'