Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hyperlink in Qliksense

Is there any way in qliksense wherein we can provide a hyperlink and when the user clicks the hyperlink, he be redirected to a local folder stored in your computer.  With the text and image chart , I could create a link. But  I could not get  into my local folder.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Aishwarya,

This may be restricted by internet options and security settings. I attempted to create local access to a file on my Qlik Sense desktop using something like this:

LOAD * INLINE

[

id,path

1,"file:///c:\temp\part 3.png"

2,"file:///c:\temp\part 3.png"

3,"file:///c:\temp\part 3.png"

4,"file:///c:\temp\part 3.png"

]

;

The in Qlik Sense 2.2 - in a Table object you can specify a column as a URL so it will become an active Hyperlink:

I used a browser to access my local Qlik Sense Desktop listener:

http://localhost:4848/hub/my/work

The accessed the app:

I installed an Addon (Firebug) for Firefox and viewed the console:

However, when clicking this link I get this in Firefox:

I believe this may be the case with any web based application attempting to access local files on the client machine, even if you are using local Qlik Sense Desktop.

Let me know what you find.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
vsabbise
Creator
Creator

So, is there a way to achieve this in Qlik sense ?

ErikG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I didn't test it for pictures, but you can open any Desktop app, like Excel, Acrobat Reader etc. with a tiny background app named webrun - https://www.webrunapps.com/webrun.html

There is a special syntax in case the standard doesen't work: webrun:!!\\server\folder\file.pdf!!

We are happy with this solution. The only downside: this app has to be installed on any client.