Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nprinting not performing tasks

Hi guys,

Anyone got info on this one? I have a reload in the QMC at 23:30 23:35 i scheduled a job in nprinting with the task of sending a file to a FTP.

1. When I run this task manually it outputs a file. But not at the night when it's scheduled to dot his, it doesn't output a file. I don't know what happens really.

2. Is it anyway of smoothing this process, can I make a reload of an object in npritning instead of having it scheudled in the QMC?

3. Is it anyway of seeing whats been done in nprinting?

Regards,

Niklas

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Niklas,

The first thing to do is to check the NPrinting Server log files.

If you are able to post those, we may be able to provide some insight.

Best

Aran

Colin-Albert

Does the NPrinting service have permission to connect to the ftp site?

Yes you can reload the QlikView document in NPrinting.

Have you looked at the NPrinting log to see why the task failed? NPrinting creates a separate log file for each day on the NPrinting Logs folder, with separate files for desktop jobs and Service jobs.

I would start by looking at the log file, and comparing the log for running the task on the desktop which works and running on the server scheduler which doesn't work.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Niklas -

You can reload data in a local QVW using a reload task in NPrinting. See the following: How to Reload Data into Your QlikView Document

You'd have to look at the log files for the NP server to see activity (or lack thereof) at the time that you scheduled the task.