Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlongoria
Creator
Creator

What does the QvsTimeout value in ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml do?

I'm looking to better understand timeout values. In particular, I'd like to understand what the <QvsTimeout> value in ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml does. I've found information on other timeout values available via the qlikview management console, however, I cannot find any details on the <QvsTimeout> value found in ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml.

I've read various community posts and support posts that imply this value helps with session timeouts, etc, but I have not actually found any documentation from Qlik supporting those statements.

What is this timeout value used for? What exactly does it do? What does it NOT do? Why would I change it or leave it alone? What can I expect if I change it?

I am using QV Server 11 SR9 64bit. Any information would be greatly appreciated. So far the only info I've found is from an older version of the QlikView Server Reference Manual. I have posted the info (if you can call it that) below, and, yes, "seconds" is misspelled in the document.

QvsTimeout

The timeout in secons of the QlikView Server.

1 Reply
alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

This timeout occurs when using the Web client (AjaxZFC). If the Web Server hasn't responded in that time (maybe due some heavy calculations being done in the back by QlikView Server) the timeout will trigger and the client will reconnect to the app.

Regards