1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 10, 2016 2:14 PM by Alejandro Fernandez RSS

What does the QvsTimeout value in ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml do?

Joe L

I'm looking to better understand timeout values. In particular, I'd like to understand what the <QvsTimeout> value in ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml does. I've found information on other timeout values available via the qlikview management console, however, I cannot find any details on the <QvsTimeout> value found in ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml.

I've read various community posts and support posts that imply this value helps with session timeouts, etc, but I have not actually found any documentation from Qlik supporting those statements.

What is this timeout value used for? What exactly does it do? What does it NOT do? Why would I change it or leave it alone? What can I expect if I change it?

I am using QV Server 11 SR9 64bit. Any information would be greatly appreciated. So far the only info I've found is from an older version of the QlikView Server Reference Manual. I have posted the info (if you can call it that) below, and, yes, "seconds" is misspelled in the document.

QvsTimeout

The timeout in secons of the QlikView Server.