Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III

Set analysis expression as dynamic max in line graph?!?

Hi all,

In my line graph I plot according to this expression:

sum ({1<[Schadecategorie] = {'A','B','C','D','E','F','G','H'}>} [Reserve bedrag in €] / 1000000)

I thought that a clever way of making sure the graph would always display properly, was making use of this expression:

max(aggr(sum({1 <[Schadecategorie] = {'A','B','C','D','E','F','G','H'}>}[Reserve bedrag in €] / 1000000),Peildatum))

But for some reason, the line goes above (and out of) the chart. Dimension in this chart is Peildatum.

When I add 4.5 mln. to the max() expression, it's OK. What am I doing wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, I see what the problem is. You're messing around with min and max settings for the x-axis. The chart actually contains more data, but doesn't show it. And you're using {1} in your expressions to overrule the selections of Peildatum and Peiljaar. That needs to be added to the expression to calculate the max value for the y-axis:

=max({<Peildatum, Peiljaar={$(vPeiljaar)}>}aggr(

sum({1 <[Schadecategorie] = {'A','B','C','D','E','F','G','H'}>}[Reserve bedrag in €] / 1000000)

,Peildatum))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

22 Replies
avinashelite

could you please share the problem screen shots

hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using more dimensions in your chart then just Peildatum then include the other dimension(s) in the aggr as well.

max(aggr(sum({1 <[Schadecategorie] = {'A','B','C','D','E','F','G','H'}>}[Reserve bedrag in €] / 1000000),Peildatum, DimX))

hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

No - Peildatum is the only dimension. I use $(vPeiljaar) to show only Peildatum for a certain Peiljaar (also a field in my master calendar), but the x-axis is Peildatum...

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I was afraid of that

Can you post a small qlikview document that illustrates the problem. See this document for how to do that safely: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Uhm, reducing data messed it up seriously. I'm willing to PM / mail it to you, but I don't think I should post it here.. (It's about 18 Mb)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, the max upload limit is 300 MB . So 18 MB is ok.

hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can I PM it? And if yes, how? (Still new on this forum...)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I thought I'd be able to pm you when we started "following" each other. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Let's try LinkedIn. If you have a LinkedIn profile you shouldn't have any trouble finding me there. The number of Hans de Vries'en on LinkedIn is rather large... So, I have no idea which one those you might be