Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting schedule shows as running unable to stop services

Dear Nprinting experts,

Please advice, my schedules are constantly hanging, it shows like schedule is running, but it is not. I am unable to stop services, only option is server restart.

Where I can check if NSQ is currupted (log file doesnt show any errors) or do you ever had such issue?

On old server I managed to do workaround by recreating NSQ file, but is there another way?

Thanks in advance

Nprinting schedule.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

The issue here was that the new NPrinting service account recently put in to use did not have a dedicated QV user CAL manually assigned to it.

Recently a different user account with a QV user CAL was running the NP server service.

When switching to the new dedicated NP service account. this service account did not have a manually assigned CAL. When this NP service account attempted to open the QV desktop in the background service, it failed to do so because it opened up the QV in personal edition.

Once the CAL was assigned to the new NP server service account and accessed using File Open in Server when logged on to the QV.exe, the locked processes started working normally again.

To all...please see the following article to ensure that you have a healthy running NPrinting server environment.

Configuring and Troubleshooting NPrinting Server Service and Schedules

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
clondono
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Natalija,

Stop your NPrinting service and locate your NPrinting "schedules.xml" file. You can move that file to a backup location or delete it. Once you re-start your NPrinting service the file will be automatically recreated with the correct schedules.

Usually that file is located on your server location under the Program Data/NPrinting/Monitor folder. 

Something like: "C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\Monitor" , use your own "Monitor" folder path.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Carlos

Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for tip, but it is not working. I deleted schedules.xml file and rescheduled , prepared the test.

Schedule started running and hanged again without sending report out.

herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Natalija

Have you tried to run this nsq manually in designer?

Do this steps:

1. Log in Windows Server using the same user configured in Nprinting Server service
  2. Open this nsq file with Nprinting Designer
  3. Run the schedule and see if some error heapened

I think the error is not in the Nprinting Server

Frank_S
Support
Support

The issue here was that the new NPrinting service account recently put in to use did not have a dedicated QV user CAL manually assigned to it.

Recently a different user account with a QV user CAL was running the NP server service.

When switching to the new dedicated NP service account. this service account did not have a manually assigned CAL. When this NP service account attempted to open the QV desktop in the background service, it failed to do so because it opened up the QV in personal edition.

Once the CAL was assigned to the new NP server service account and accessed using File Open in Server when logged on to the QV.exe, the locked processes started working normally again.

To all...please see the following article to ensure that you have a healthy running NPrinting server environment.

Configuring and Troubleshooting NPrinting Server Service and Schedules

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!