Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
filippo
Partner - Contributor III

Macro on table

Hi Community,

I have a question about the activation of a macro:

Can you attach a macro to a cycling group in a table?

so that when changing the dimensions of cycling group macro is activated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can trigger the macro indirectly by detecting OnChange of a variable defined as:

=GetCurrentField(myGroup)

See attached example.

-Rob

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable

There isn't an Event that would be triggered when a group is cycled. So basically, no.

You may be able to use some combination of OnActivate and the API to determine when a Cycle group has been changed and when it does change, perform your required actions. I haven't had a lot of success using OnActivate for things like this. There was a discussion on something similar, where the user wanted an OnMinimize event. I tried to use OnActivate and IsMinimized to simulate that Event, but it did not go smoothly.

Another option, is to use a button to do the actual cycling and run your cycling macro at the same time. This is probably easier to implement, as long as you can convince your users to use the button, rather than the built cycle button.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can trigger the macro indirectly by detecting OnChange of a variable defined as:

=GetCurrentField(myGroup)

See attached example.

-Rob

filippo
Author

Great Rob!!!! Big Smile

Works perfectly.

Thanks

Not applicable

Rob

I downloaded your document, When i closing the document i am getting error. Attached the error message. I opened and closed three times, each time getting the same error. I won't get any error for other reports.

Thanks,

Raghu.

filippo
Author

Works perfectly for me when i open the document and when i close.

Which Version of qlikView uses?

Not applicable

I have installed V 8.50 and V 9.0. Am getting error only at version 8.5 not on V 9.0

Don't know why its happening in V8.50?

-Raghu

filippo
Author

I don't know the cause of the problem with that version.

I have installed the version 8.50.6261 and the problem does not appear.

If you want to use the 8.50 version install 8.50.6261 and try to close the document.

-FV-

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Raghu wrote:Am getting error only at version 8.5 not on V 9.0

Raghu,

I have no idea what the problem might be. It works fine for me on 8.50.6206 & 6299. It's a very simple document.

Have you tried downloading it again?

-Rob

Not applicable

-Rob

My exact version is V 8.50.6091.4. I have created a new qlik document with exactly what you did. Same error comes when closing the document.

good work Rob.

-Raghu.