2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2010 2:44 PM by sethu RSS

    Help!! My Qlikview script does a binary reload of itself

      I need help.

      I have an file A.QVW that contains scripts to reload from different QVDs.

      On today's reload via Qlikview publisher, it failed to reload. The log message is provided at end of this post.

      Since I could not understand what the error was, I reran the task and the second time around it completed successfully.

      However, when I opened the QVW to edit the script, I noticed that all my load statements were gone!!!!

      All I have now is a statement "Binary A.QVW".

      In essence, it looks like whenever I execute a reload statement for A.QVW, it will just reload itself. Has anyone come across this before?

      I believe I have two options to reclaim my load scripts:

      1. Rewrite them. I will use this as the last resort if no other option presents itself.
      2. Manipulate the binary load toachieve the scripting changes that I wanted to originally do. However, what confuses me is that if the binary load statement mentioned above just reloads itself, does it ever pick new data from the QVD files as it was originally supposed to do? If not, I will have no option but to go with point 1 above and reqrte the load scripts from scratch.

      Can someone please help with this? I put in considerable amount of work on load scripts from QVDs. I am using QV 9 SR5.

      Thanks,

      P.S. Transcript of the log file for failed run of the reload task

      "8/23/2010 4:52:56 PM Error Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 i_ObjectPaths)
      8/23/2010 4:52:56 PM Error Could not fetch FileSystemSecurity. Exception=System.Exception: Could not run DSC.GetFileSystemSecurity ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 i_ObjectPaths)
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 i_ObjectPaths)
      at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 i_RecipientList)
      at QDSMain.FolderDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest)
      8/23/2010 4:52:56 PM Error Distribution failed for resource "DecoraJobCompletionRefresh_Folder_1" (FolderDistributionResource). Warnings=0, Errors=2
      8/23/2010 4:52:56 PM Error Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings=0, Errors=3
      8/23/2010 4:52:56 PM Error The task "DecoraJobCompletionRefresh" failed. ErrorCount=4"



        • Help!! My Qlikview script does a binary reload of itself
          Vlad Gutkovsky

          I hope you have a backup...basically, this behavior happens when the source document folder is the same as the destination folder that you are distributing to (and you don't change the QVW name). It is a best practice to keep the folders separate for this reason.

          Regards,

            • Help!! My Qlikview script does a binary reload of itself

              Thanks Vlad.

              I was able to retrieve a backup and reclaim my load script. Based on your response, I was also able to figure out that I had actually opened the QVW located in the user documents folder and had done some aesthetic changes there. To keep my file versions between the user documents folder and the source documents folder in sync, I had overwritten the file in the source documents folder with the one in the user documents folder.

              Thanks for your help.