Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefangegg
Contributor II
Contributor II

Total error in stacked bar chart

Hi,

I'm facing a somehow simple error when it come to a second dimension (=stacked) bar chart.

The calculation/sum for totals on top of the stacked bar ignore the negative figures - pls find the file attached.

The problem doesn't appear if I only have one dimension (Month).

Did you ever experience that? Is therer already a workaround for that?

Many thanks,
Stefan !

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not the best of the solutions, but may be this:

Capture.PNG

stefangegg
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Many thanks, good hint!

But in case I restrict the dimension limit, the "others" will be shown above the TOTAL segment...    I'll have a try to sort, but until now I couldn't succeed...

Anyway, your help is much appreciated and I didn't know the "Pick" function.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think it is an incorrect approach to use a stacked bar chart when there are negative values. I frankly don't see how the chart should be drawn. Sunny's solution shows the right numbers, but the sizes of the bars are misleading.

I would instead suggest a grouped bar chart, with an additional "total" bar (check box under "Dimension Limits")

HIC

Grouped Bar.png

stefangegg
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Many thanks, also a good solution, but not helpful as we don't only have three products, but a higher amount of products, therefore there might be some graphical issues as a consequence...

Anyway, the problem is already in revision and qlik already accepted theirselves this as a "bug", maybe we see a solution in a future release of qlikview. Until then, I'm happy with Sunny T's solution.

BR,

Stefan