Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Date Range using Max

I want to create a formula that will return the average of sales within 30 days of the latest date in the period I select within my app.  I have tried several approaches, but they aren't giving me the result I would expect.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be like this:

Avg(Aggr(Sum({<DateField = {"$(='>=' & Date(Max(Date) -30, 'DateFieldFormatHere') & '<=' & Date(Max(Date), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>}Sales), DateField))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this:

Avg(Aggr(Sum({<DateField = {"$(='>=' & Date(Max(Date) -30, 'DateFieldFormatHere') & '<=' & Date(Max(Date), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>}Sales), DateField))

Not applicable
Author

Sorry - this actually looks a bit off.  Not 100% sure what's driving the outage, but the Sales amounts in the for the dates in question are pretty different in the visualization where I use that formula vs. a basic sum of the Sales for the same period in a basic table.  I'll dig in and let you know if I determine outage.

sunny_talwar

What are your chart dimensions?

Not applicable
Author

Using your suggestion, I believe I would be using:

Avg(Aggr(Sum({<[CloseDate]= {"$(='>=' & Date(Max(Date) -30, 'MM/DD/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(Max(Date), 'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>}[Bookings]), [CloseDate]))