5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2016 4:24 AM by Friedrich Hofmann RSS

Very strange problem with QlikView_apps on the server ...

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi,

we have an entire cascade of QlikView_apps running one after another on our company server. First in line is a primary data_load_script getting the data from our database and storing it in qvd files, doing some edits on the data at the same time.

The strange thing is:

- There is a STORE command for nearly every table in there.

- These used to look like >> STORE mytable INTO QVD\mytable.qvd << (only a relative path was specified, not the full path)

- There is a checkbox "relative paths", this was always ticked.

- A while ago I switched this to using filepath_variables in which the fully qualified path is stored in a txt file. I tested it and it worked fine.

I didn't pay attention to that checkbox, I guess I left it ticked.

- Strangely, this went well for quite a while - but every now and then we have a problem where the script suddenly breaks when storing

some table or other and it just says "General script error".

=> I removed the path_variable as I thought, maybe this was the error, but I replaced it with the fully qualified path - and the error still

persisted.

=> Later, a colleague of mine replaced it with the relative path that used to be there, and it worked again.

I don't know why this happens - and why it seemingly does not happen every time, but only now and then ...

Can you tell me something about this? Is there some feature which is a bit "wobbly"?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler