Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patriciousa
Creator II
Creator II

Table - Sort a Measure by expression? or colours...

Hi Community.

I have a column in my table (Measure) that I need to sort by colours.... Red, Orange, Yellow, Green.

The column is a sum of totals.

Is it possible to sort the order of a measure?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Use this sorting expression:

If(Max(Aggr(Sum({<"NombreHoraExtra"={"Hora Extra 100"}>} Cantidad), [Fecha Registro], Nombre)) >12, 4,

If(Max(Aggr(Sum({<"NombreHoraExtra"={"Hora Extra 100"}>} Cantidad), [Fecha Registro], Nombre)) >8, 3,

If(Max(Aggr(Sum({<"NombreHoraExtra"={"Hora Extra 100"}>} Cantidad), [Fecha Registro], Nombre)) >4, 2,

If(Max(Aggr(Sum({<"NombreHoraExtra"={"Hora Extra 100"}>} Cantidad), [Fecha Registro], Nombre)) <=4, 1))))

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

You sure can, but you would need to give these colors some sort of values so that they can be sorted numerically rather than by text. I would look into Dual function to do this.

UPDATE: As this is Qlik Sense, I am not aware if there are any specific limitations, but in QlikView this should be straight forward

Not applicable

What are the difference between QlikView and Qlik Sense?

patriciousa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If the great Sunny can't do this, it is impossible.

Qlik Sense needs and update to have all the things that Qlik View have

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think you're jumping to conclusions. Sunny did not say it's impossible. Please post a small Qlik Sense app that illustrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sunny_talwar

Yup, in fact I did say that it might well be possible, I just don't know how well can it be done in Qlik Sense. It would be best if you can share a sample as mentioned by Gysbert

patriciousa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I know.. I was being sarcastic.

Here goes the sample.

Thank you.

Regards.

sunny_talwar

Use this sorting expression:

If(Max(Aggr(Sum({<"NombreHoraExtra"={"Hora Extra 100"}>} Cantidad), [Fecha Registro], Nombre)) >12, 4,

If(Max(Aggr(Sum({<"NombreHoraExtra"={"Hora Extra 100"}>} Cantidad), [Fecha Registro], Nombre)) >8, 3,

If(Max(Aggr(Sum({<"NombreHoraExtra"={"Hora Extra 100"}>} Cantidad), [Fecha Registro], Nombre)) >4, 2,

If(Max(Aggr(Sum({<"NombreHoraExtra"={"Hora Extra 100"}>} Cantidad), [Fecha Registro], Nombre)) <=4, 1))))

patriciousa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you, again!

sunny_talwar

No problem again