6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2010 5:41 AM by Roy Hueting RSS

Making a PDF report available for non-licensed employees

Roy Hueting

Hi all,

I've been tasked to make a QV report available for our office employees. We have 10 licenses, but about 60 employees who must be able to check the report. The report can be a simple PDF document. My thought was to create a task reloading the report with new data, and distribute the report as a PDF-report from source document. This document is to be placed at a predefined folder. But I'm not able to select a folder when it's a PDF-report from source document. Only when it's a QV document. How can I get this PDF report available for our employees? The manual isn't very helpful on this one.

Note that any other brilliant idea's on how to make a document available to 60 employees is more then welcome. Unfortunately, buying 50 additional licenses does not seem to be an option.

Roy

• Making a PDF report available for non-licensed employees
          s j

What We are following is ..........

Suppose I have 60 chart in one application , We are creating images of chart and XLS of table and auto mail to all user.

All activity are automated.

This is one option you can follow.

Regards

Sunil Jain.

Rob Wunderlich

The PDF feature in V9 only supports distributing to email. If that will work for you then distribute via email. I have heard the V10 will allow PDF distribution to folder, but I don't know that that will be in the final product.

If you need the folder solution now, a possible workaround is to email to a special mailbox and have a mail rule or agent detach the received file to a folder.

-Rob

Roy Hueting

I should have posted this question earlier. It would have saved me some headaches.

@Rob. Thanks for clearing out that V9 does not support the PDF to folder distribution. Your email + rule suggestion is quite helpful, and I'll seriously consider this.

@Sunil. I'll check the manual for automated process to Create Images of chart and XLS. This could be a handy feature to use, if the system engineer doesn't allow me to use an additional email address. I'll need to check.

@Both: Thanks for your replies.

Greetings Roy