Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to plot the bar only 1 bar per year ?

Hi All

Table 1 have stock amount by month from 1996 Jan till 2016 march.

Chart 1 shown the bar chart for stock amount from 1996 Jan till 2016 March.

My question is how to make the chart 1 to display average stock for only every mach ?

Meaning it will display bar show as following :-

2016 march

2015 march

2014 march

and so on...

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Money(

Only({<year, month = {"$(=Max({<year = {$(=Max(year))}>}month))"}>}Aggr(RangeSum(

Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum({<year, month , GL_CODE = {50010}>}[Amount]*1), 0, RowNo()))),

-Sum({<GL_CODE = {50010}>}TOTAL Aggr(Sum({<year, month, GL_CODE = {50010}>}[Amount]*1), YearMonth))), (YearMonth, (NUMERIC, DESCENDING))))

, $(vMoneyFormatK_GL))

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

12 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

my QVF

sunny_talwar

Paul, not sure I understand what you are trying to do my friend. Can you may be elaborate a little more please?

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi sunny

I want to show only 26 bar instead of 26*12 bar.

Meaning it will display every year only March sales . Since now my data max month = March

So that I can compare sales by year.

Alternative if can compute the yearly stock amount even more better.

Meaning sum of 2016 divide by 3 , show a bar for 2016.

And sum of 2015 stock amount divide by 12 , show 1 bar .

My Objective is to display stock trend amount by month.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

sunny_talwar

Try this:

Money(

Only({<year, month = {"$(=Max({<year = {$(=Max(year))}>}month))"}>}Aggr(RangeSum(

Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum({<year, month , GL_CODE = {50010}>}[Amount]*1), 0, RowNo()))),

-Sum({<GL_CODE = {50010}>}TOTAL Aggr(Sum({<year, month, GL_CODE = {50010}>}[Amount]*1), YearMonth))), (YearMonth, (NUMERIC, DESCENDING))))

, $(vMoneyFormatK_GL))

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

For yearly, I would need to know what the expected output is so that I can have a goal in mind

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi sunny

Average stock amount by year :-

2016 = 1.668 million

2017 = 1.755 million

Basically I sum up all the stock amount for 2015 divide by 12. This will give me average stock amount for 2015. That go same with the rest of the year.

For March 2016 I need to decide by 3 since it is only 3 month.

Sent from my iPhone

sunny_talwar

Is the dimension Year here?

Numbers are slightly different then what you were seeking, but can you check this (seems to match if I add each month number and divide it by number of months in that year)

Capture.PNG

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sunny

Look like the average amount is wrong compare with my manually compute average amount.

Alternative , can you take Jan amount add Dec amount and get the average amount. As accounting people compute average stock amount using this approach. meaning :-

2015 Jan = 1.91 million

2015 Dec = 1.61 million

Average stock amount = (1.91 + 1.61 ) /2 = 1.76

Paul

sunny_talwar

I see 1,306,777.49 for 15 Dec and 1,601,154.14 for 15 Jan. How are you calculating the numbers 2015 Jan and 2015 Dec numbers on your end?

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Additionally how will you calculate the average for 2016 where dec is not available yet?